Monday, November 6, 2017

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #591—Almost

I didn't get to make my usual last-minute submission to the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #591 for November 6, 2017 because the contest ended an hour early. Someone at the New Yorker forgot to turn the Caption Contest clock back an hour for the end of daylight saving time. Let's discuss how I feel about that. The drawing is by P. C. Vey.

"Now, now, don't you think you've outgrown
a rubber ducky?"

I don't think this caption would have won, but I certainly have no chance now. These captions wouldn't have done the trick either:
"When is the last time you got to relax and have some good, clean fun?"
"I'm only going to ask once that you don't splash."



November 13, 2017 Update:  The Finalists



November 20, 2017 Update:  I voted for the third caption. All are very good but I can only pick one.


November 27, 2017 Update:  Winning Caption



Note:  Last week, cartoonist Tom Cheney went all primitive about cave art. See Contest #590.

Then immerse yourself in my blog posts about P. C. Vey.

Psychiatrist jokes? Can do.

02358

No comments:

Post a Comment