Monday, November 13, 2017

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #592

Here is my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #592 for November 13, 2017. The drawing is by Mick Stevens.

"There's not a Shakespeare in the flock."



Or maybe I should have gone with one of these...
"This time we have all our ducks in a row."
"I thought we agreed on penguins."



November 20, 2017 Update:  The Finalists



November 27, 2017:  I voted for the second caption, the one most similar to my own.


December 4, 2017:  Winning Caption



Note:  Last week cartoonist P. C. Vey gave us a Freudian bath. Take a deep dive into Contest #591.

See whether Mick Stevens has all his ducks in a row in the blog archives.

And, the question on everyone's mind, why a duck?

02365

No comments:

Post a Comment