Monday, November 20, 2017

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #593


I took a stab at entering The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #593 for November 20, 2017. The drawing is by Tom Cheney.


"I did receive your demands but I haven't
gotten around to them."



These captions just weren't sharp enough:
"He's a cross between Martin Luther and Lex Luthor."
"What else do you want?"
"When did Pin the Amendment on the Lawyer become a game?"



November 27, 2017 Update: The Finalists



December 4, 2017 Update: I voted for the first caption. If it was closest to my own, it must be the best, right?


December 11, 2017 Update:  Winning Caption





Note: Last week cartoonist Mick Stevens had all his ducks in a row. Line up for Contest #592.


This blogger has been stabbed in the back by Tom Cheney's caption contests before.

02372

No comments:

Post a Comment