Monday, May 7, 2018

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #615

Reel in my entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #615 for May 7, 2018. The drawing is by Drew Dernavich.

"Son, did you leave the bait in our dining room again?"



I had to cut bait on these captions:
"Teach a man to fish and he'll never be in the dark."
"I was hoping for Tiffany."
"Have you decorated yet or should I throw it back?"
"We're going to need a bigger bucket."
"Time was there were some fine homes on the lake."
"I've half a mind to try using worms."



May 14, 2018 Update:  The Finalists


May 21, 2018 Update:  I voted for the third caption.


May 28, 2018 Update:  Winning Caption



Note:  Last week cartoonist Julia Suits furnished the guru on the mountain with a grand piano. My caption was off-key. Play along with Contest #614.

More by the unsinkable Drew Dernavich may be found in the blog archives.

02539

No comments:

Post a Comment