Monday, May 21, 2018

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #617

Cozy up to my red hot entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #617 for May 21, 2018. The drawing is by John Klossner.


"I hear in heaven they have HiDef."




I was a bit cool to this one:
"Each of us spent hours watching the Yule Log."


May 28, 2018 Update: The Finalists


June 11, 2018 Update:
  I voted for the second caption.


June 18, 2018 Update:  Winning Caption



Note: Last week cartoonist P. C. Vey sent a ventriloquist's dummy into the office. My caption, if I heard it correctly, was quite rude. But don't take my word for it. Let Contest #616 speak for itself.


I've been burned by John Klossner in these caption contests before.


In fact, this blog has been to hell and back.

02554

No comments:

Post a Comment